Blog Médiane Système
IOT Solutions World Congress 2023
Mediane Systeme was present from January 31 to February 2 at the IOT Solutions World Congress in Barcelona.
This annual event is an opportunity for the entire IOT ecosystem and industry to meet and present new technologies and developments in the sector.
In a nutshell, this year's IoT Solutions World Congress was 3 intense days, with 100 different countries represented, 330 exhibitors, 250 speakers and 15,600 visitors.
Our presence on the French pavilion was an excellent opportunity for our teams to exchange with the international community and our colleagues from French Tech, particularly on our "Solution Provider" offer from sensor to cloud.
The main objective of the factory of the future in Europe is to improve the efficiency of the value chain by increasing the utilization rate and flexibility of assets, the efficiency of its teams and the traceability of its production. To achieve this objective, the factory of the future must have an appropriate infrastructure to ensure the security of information throughout the processing chain from the machine (or IIoT) to the information system. To achieve this, it is necessary to structure and standardize data in order to better exploit it. Finally, one of the challenges is to make the flow of information more fluid in order to gain agility.
The combination of IIoT systems, private 5G network, Edge / Cloud and cybersecurity provides answers to these challenges. It forms an essential foundation for accelerating the growth of the European digital ecosystem.
of the European digital ecosystem.
Mediane Systeme has a catalog of solutions that responds to all these issues.
System Architecture Solution:
Médiane Système implements secure, end-to-end custom solutions for large accounts or SMEs in the industry.
It all starts with the implementation of the system architecture. The objective is to specify the digital processing chain through an end-to-end infrastructure, from sensors to actuators. It must highlight all the requirements and constraints necessary for the implementation of a solution from a functional and normative point of view, while meeting expectations in terms of cyber security.
Picture 1 : Data processing chain for control and optimization of your complex systems
Once the functional bricks have been determined, Mediane Systeme specifies and determines how to implement and integrate all of these bricks that make up the system. They may correspond either to a set of off-the-shelf solutions, or to a set of solutions specifically developed by our design office teams and our network of deep-tech partners, or to a combination of off-the-shelf solutions and customized solutions, depending on the needs.
Mediane Systeme has a complete solution for the design of connected objects. We take care of the realization of an IIoT system throughout its life cycle, from specification to small series production and maintenance in operational condition. With more than 30 years of experience in electronics, embedded software and application software, we are able to design IIoT solutions adapted to the need and at controlled cost. The diagram below illustrates our services for the realization of IIoT systems.
Picture 2 : Mediane Systeme IIoT Solution
Digital Factory Solution:
Factories constitute a very heterogeneous ecosystem with machines and software tools coming from different manufacturers and often not compatible with each other. To control the data processing chain and interoperability between machines, standardization of communications is essential.
OPC UA is the interoperability standard that specifies the secure exchange of information for industrial communications.
OPC UA is revolutionizing the world of industry by linking the worlds of information technology and manufacturing.
Picture 3 : Solution for interoperability and standardization of data in the factory
Mediane Systeme supports manufacturers in the digitalization of their know-how. Our Digital Factory offer breaks down as follows
- The organization of a workshop with the customer's business experts to collect the expression of needs, define a data model and build the technical solution.
- The implementation of the customized system by the configuration, the parameter setting, the installation of communication gateways but also the selection and the installation of the OPC-UA stack adapted to the need.
- The development of OPC-UA customer tools for the presentation and processing of information from multi-platform solutions (PC, Smartphone, Tablets, SaaS solution...).
- An accompaniment towards the OPC-UA certification (carried out by an external certified organization) which aims at satisfying in particular the following points: tests of conformity, tests of interoperability, tests of robustness, tests of usability and finally, test of endurance.
Private 5G bubble solution:
5G is a technological disruption compared to previous generations. The technical and competitive advantages offered by 5G are multiple. The main point is that this generation will allow massive connection of machines and objects while ensuring isolation with other services that do not have the same level of requirements.
From a technological point of view, 5G improves data flows, reduces latency and energy consumption from communications. In addition, it offers increased flexibility and security compared to other wireless communication technologies. In this way, 5G allows portable and private networks to be easily reconfigured. This opens new possibilities compared to current technologies, particularly for deploying network "bubbles" over a limited geographical area.
Picture 4 : Private 5G bubbles, a response to industry challenges
With our mastery of 5G Private technology, Mediane Systeme offers complete wireless solutions adapted to both industrial sites and other activities (leisure parks, sporting events, etc.). Our solutions allow you to benefit from all the advantages of 5G:
- High speed
- Low latency
- High density of connected objects
- Service partitioning thanks to slicing...
Combined with our secure private cloud platform solution, specifically designed for IIoT (which favors the reactivity of calculations and limits latency times), we are able to centralize all the data and benefit from the technologies offered by the world of IT to exploit them in a time close to real: optimization / management of production, rapid reconfigurations of machines, predictive maintenance, augmented reality, process control, etc..
End-to-end cybersecurity solution:
It is essential to take into consideration the vulnerability of industrial systems to cyber attacks, which is becoming more and more prevalent.
The risk of backdoors allowing access to data, or even a risk of remote control, can have dramatic consequences.
Cybersecurity must ensure the security of digital resources and guarantee the availability, integrity and confidentiality of company data.
If the digitalization of the industry is essential to its survival, it is now necessary to consider the maintenance of systems in secure conditions. The cybersecurity approach is at least as important as the company's production tools.
Mediane Systeme is able to assist industrialists in securing their systems in a four-phase approach:
- System cybersecurity risk analysis: identification of the elements to be protected and the threats in order to adjust the security effort.
- Secure by design" development: development and integration activities required to secure the system by including the constraints resulting from the risk analysis.
- Vulnerability audit: Carrying out validation and penetration test campaigns (pentest) to verify the robustness of the system.
- Implementation of security maintenance: identification of the monitoring elements to be implemented during the system's lifecycle in order to maintain it at a security level compliant with the requirements resulting from the risk analysis.
Picture 5 : End-to-end System Security Solution
To move forward on these subjects and if you are looking for:
- A customized end-to-end solution at a controlled cost.
- A single point of contact with a large network of partners for an end-to-end IOT solution.
- More than 30 years of expertise in the field of industry and constrained environments.
- The power of a large group with the agility of a startup.
- Long-term support including cybersecurity.
Let's talk about it together! Contact our agency nearest you!