Training - Implementation of the railway standard EN 50128 ed. 2
Duration: 2 days
Date: On request
Level: Quality Assurance Manager, Software Development Engineer...
Course material : French
Location: In our branches, on site or remotely
- Customised services (in-house)
- An enhanced offering based on our experience feedback and market technology watch
- Speakers with engineering backgrounds and proven operational experience
- Practice-oriented training
- Over 20 years' experience in risk and operational safety training...
The aim of this training course is to give participants a detailed overview of the rail operating safety standard (EN 50128 edition 2), as well as its link with other standards in the sector (EN 50126, EN 50129).
This training course will focus on defining and organising the most appropriate approaches for its application, mastering project management and defining the necessary control methods and resources.
Participants / Prerequisites
This training course will teach you :
- The general principles and plans of standard EN 50128 (system, electronics, software)
- Ways of thinking and methods for taking into account the Dependability activities of electronic and programmable electronic systems
- Principles for determining the target functional safety level
- A complete overview of the applicable provisions for hardware and software
- Assessment of the level of functional safety achieved
Presentation of the course and participants
Introduction to the Dependability approach
Repositioning of industrial standard IEC 61508 ;
Standards applicable in the rail sector.
Detailed presentation of standard EN 50126 (system)
General principles / Safety life cycle / Organisation
Methods for determining safety integrity levels (SIL)
System vision: Safety assessment required by standard EN 50126
Detailed presentation of standard EN 50128
General principles / Safety life cycle / Determining the SIL level
Organisation / Requirements management
Software: Verification and validation
Reused specific software / Off-the-shelf software components
Qualification of tools for the development of safe software
Requirements of standard EN 50128 Ed.2
Dependability and reuse
Discussion of customer project and conclusion
Course material is given to each trainee in pdf format.